|Next Match||Championship Points||Social Handicaps|
Round 9: Craig Masters the 16th
Craig needed to take the index one 16th hole to gather 10 skins for a dominant win and an 11 point lead in the 2020 championship.
This was the first round played since the start of the COVID-19 restrictions with six starters, our largest field for some time. The start time was later than usual and our golf pro was enthusiastically keeping the groups starting on time.
The NT competition was stableford and 2BBB pairs. Our stableford scores did not measure up as the NT competition leader scored 48 points.
Stableford Individual Scores
[Name (hcap) Points Skins]:
- Craig (21) 29 10 skins
- David (36) 24 3 skins
- Mark (23) 28 2 skins
- PeterD (7) 32 1 skin
- PeterH (19) 29 1 skin
- Kim (17) 24 1 skin
- Remaining 0 skins.
Stableford 2BBB Pairs Scores:
- Craig & Mark 38
- PeterD & PeterH 38
- PeterD & Kim 37
2rd (par 3) Mark
15th (par 3) PeterD
18th (par 4) PeterD
Nearest to the pin (15th hole):
PeterD with a tee shot to 6.5pdf.
Longest drive (13th hole):
PeterD with a tee shot of 209m.
a chip in-birdie on the 2nd by Mark. A spectacular double breaking 10 metre putt for birdie by PeterD on the 18th. During the round a number of "holed" putts rebounding from the flag stick.
was provided by each player.
Rules of the Round:
18.3 Provisional Ball
When Provisional Ball Must Be Abandoned.
When your provisional ball has not yet become your ball in play, it must be abandoned in either of these two cases:
- When your original ball is found on the course outside a penalty area before the end of the three minute search time. The player must play the original ball as it lies.
- When your original ball is found in a penalty area or is known or virtually certain to be in a penalty area. You must either play your original ball as it lies or take penalty relief.
some fog, cloud, rain and sunshine.
Round 8: No Skins Played
No skins played in this round. Most golf courses are open but extremely crowded and difficult to book a round.
Round 7: No Skins Played
North Turramurra golf course is open for play in pairs under the COVID-19 rules, but no players chose to play.
May 30 - Nth Turramurra 10.30
Jun 13 - Nth Turramurra 08:45, 08:52
Jun 27 - Nth Turramurra 08:45, 08:52
Jul 11 - Nth Turramurra
Jul 25 - Nth Turramurra
Aug 08 - Nth Turramurra
Aug 22 - Nth Turramurra
Sep 05 - Nth Turramurra
Sep 19 - Nth Turramurra
Oct 03 - Nth Turramurra
Oct 17 - Nth Turramurra
Oct 31 - Nth Turramurra
Nov 14 - Nth Turramurra
Nov 28 - Nth Turramurra
Dec 12 - Xmas Round
The 2020 Season
The next skins match is scheduled for Saturday 30th May booked for 10:30. The starters are Craig, Kim, PeterD and PeterH.
There are some special COVID-19 playing conditions.
Golf Course rules
- Do not touch the flag stick, it must remain in the hole at all times.
- Cups on the green are turned upside down – the ball will just rest in the hole.
- Bunker rakes have been removed, please play preferred lies in bunkers.
- Sand buckets are not to be taken.
- All drinking fountains have been turned off.
- Please consider one person per golf cart at all times.
- We know shaking hands is polite after your round but please don’t do this.
- Don’t touch anyone’s balls (golf balls). Ensure you mark your own at all times.
- No swapping of scorecards – mark your own card at all times.
- There won’t be any Nearest to the Pins during this time.
- 30 cm preferred lies in bunkers.
- If your ball bounces off the flag whilst putting, it is deemed to be holed.
Return to Top
Championship Scores after Skins Round 9: 16-May-2020.
2020 Championship Points
2020 Longest Drive
Return to Top
The New Rules of Golf - Effective 1st January 2019
The Main Changes
1. New dropping height.
All drops must be from knee height.
2. New dropping procedure.
Ball must land in and come to rest in relief area.
3. Time reduced for search.
Ball is lost if not found within 3 minutes.
4. Putting with flagstick in.
Hitting unattended flagstick in hole now allowed when putting.
5. Spike mark repair on green.
Repair of almost any damage to green now allowed.
6. Ball or ball-marker moved on green.
No penalty for accidental movement of ball or ball-marker on green.
7. Ball accidentally moved while searching.
Replace ball with no penalty.
8. Loose impediments in bunker or penalty area.
Removal of loose impediments in bunker or penalty area now allowed.
9. Touching Line of play on green.
Touching line of play on green now allowed.
10. READY GOLF.
(in Stableford, Stroke Play, Par)
The new rules actively encourage Ready Golf.